I found this Book Tag via Raihana @HANAREADS and thought it would be fun to let you in on the secret relationships between me and the books I read:
1. Inside flap / Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough (Discuss)
To me, it depends on the book. Some may give away too important plot points while others may not. If I believe that the insert has given too much away, I won’t read it. Hate spoiled surprises.
2. New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: audio book, e-book, paperback, or hardcover?
I honestly want it in paperback. Hardcover can come later. I don’t like to spend too much money on a hardback when I don’t even know if I’ll like the book or not.
3. Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean? (Tell us why)
I am a firm believer in not writing on my books. If I have multiple copies of my favorite books, I’ll highlight my favorite passages. Otherwise, I won’t under any circumstances write on my books.
4. In your best voice, read for us your favourite first sentence from a book.
I have no idea how to make this possible, to be honest.
5. Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you’re deciding on a book?
It honestly does not matter to me. It all comes down to the book itself. I’ve read male authors who write very well from a woman’s perspective and vice versa. Gender, much like love, doesn’t matter. It’s all about the contents of the story.
6. Ever read ahead? Or have you ever read the last page way before you got there?
Guilty, guilty, guilty especially if I’m aching to know what happens. Sometimes reading the last page makes me read faster. It gives me an extra shot of reader’s adrenaline into the mix.
7. Organized bookshelves, or outrageous?
Hahahahaha, ohhhh depends on which bookshelf. I have too many and even they are doubled up. I guess I’d say they were outrageous.
8. Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?
Indeed, Your Honor, I have bought a book based on it’s cover. And more often than not, I regretted doing so. Do NOT judge a book by it’s cover. It’ll save you pain, shorten your DNR pile, and give you more time to focus on discovering other books.
9. Take it outside to read, or stay in?
Summertime is my outside reading time, especially by water. Dead on Pisces right here. It makes me relax and read faster. When I read inside, I get can get distracted easily. Lately, though, it hasn’t been a problem. Since Mother Nature has been crazy out here in ole Kentucky with the pouring rain and chilly temperatures, I’ve had to keep my reading to indoors.
I challenge you, Readers, to take this challenge on. Don’t forget to tag me in your post! I want to see your answers!
Don’t forget! We are giving away Gifted (Donovan’s Circus #1) By: Liz Long!
The Deadline to enter is on the 26th and the winner will be announced the 27th!
Enter here for your chance to win today!